Emerald Gaming Forums

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hypah's Retro Game Corner: Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hypah
Banned

PostSubject: Hypah's Retro Game Corner: Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)   Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Castlevania that series was one of the best for the NES.

Except you

The series is famous for that Action-adventure and horror style of gameplay, featuring monsters such as Medusas, Frankenstein, Flaming Horse heads, Zombies and even the Grim Reaper itself; That series is the best I’ve ever played in my entire life, but then they entered this Symphony of the Night style of RPG-Platformer, I become extremely bored with these games, no offence to modern Castlevania fans, the only game I enjoyed was Order of Ecclesia, since it felt true to the old Castlevania games.
Now, from all Castlevania games I played, the one I liked the best (and probably majority of the fans does) it’s Castlevania IV, but it’s not just Castlevania IV, oh no, it’s Super Castlevania IV and man, was that title worth it.

The game is a remake of the first Castlevania game for the NES, and retells the story of Simon’s first encounter with Count Dracula itself (in the same manner as Castlevania Chronicles) as he is sent in a mission to restore peace in Europe by going to Transylvania and kill him before it’s too late, unfortunately Simon doesn’t know that this is going to be pretty much the premise of every game with the exception of the Soma Cruz series.

They added many things that differs this game from the Castlevania series, It features reworked graphics, better framerate, new stages, not to mention that the ability to use a subweapon can be use by pressing the shoulder buttons instead of Up and attack button, but it’s the whip that interests this game, it can now be fired at 8 different directions and you can f*** with your whip by doing loose movements by holding the attack button, however the gameplay remains just like the classic Castlevanias, but with more in to it, it feels like you’re Simon Belmont, you can do anything in this game, even moonwalk.

This title has one of the best control schemes I’ve ever seen, It’s simple and very easy to use and the Music is sensational by featuring tons of Remixes from previous Castlevania Games such as Simon’s quest, Castlevania III and the very first one, as well as the popular Belmont theme, which would become a hit in gaming music, and the levels were reworked to not feature any glitch or any flaw in gameplay, not to mention you can play levels from other games, such as before you face Dracula, you have to complete a stage from Castlevania III, and the sound and visual effects are amazing, it feels like a Castlevania game, sure It doesn’t have the amount of blood seen in Bloodlines, but it shows the capabilities that the SNES was superior to the Mega Drive/ Genesis such as more fluid animation, more colourful graphics and the use of the SNES’ Mode 7 such as in a stage were everything is spinning or a level where the stage actually moves which was actually pretty well used in another Konami game: Turtles in Time.

Super Castlevania IV impresses and is the best Castlevania in the series, behind Order of Ecclesia, the second gameboy game and the reboot Lords of Shadows, it’s particularly one of the best SNES games of all time and one of the best games of all time, if you never played it, don’t miss it, you won’t be disappointed, it can be difficult, but hey, It’s Castlevania.
Overall Rating:
10/10
Unstoppable!
I’m Hypah saying Dracula seriously needs die! (That b****** keeps resurrecting in every fucking game)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hypah's Retro Game Corner: Super Castlevania IV (Super Nintendo)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1