Emerald Gaming Forums

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Metal Gear Solid series thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hypah
Banned

PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid series thread   Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:02 pm

this thread will talk about the game series, that it's one of my favourites of all time, Metal Gear Solid.

I played this game a lot, I'm currently replaying Metal Gear Solid 3 and Twin Snakes, both these games are my favourites.

I am hyped about the remake of Snake Eater for the 3DS, it looks fun, especially with the photo-camo addition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaming Misfit
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid series thread   Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:03 pm

You're on a thread making roll Hype. :geek: <-----It's Chris Thorndyke!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emerald-gaming.4umotion.com
Hypah
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid series thread   Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Gaming-Misfit wrote:
You're on a thread making roll Hype. :geek: <-----It's Chris Thorndyke!

Crap, didn't know that.

Maybe I need to calm down.

5 hours later...

Mistif: Man, you are exagerating, you made too much threads.

me: How many?

Mistif: 1549 to be exact.

Me: In one day?! God, I need to rest a bit.

Last edited by hypahalexkidd on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaming Misfit
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid series thread   Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:08 pm

You're fine, as long as your threads have purpose (which they do so far).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emerald-gaming.4umotion.com
Azzy
Forum Hero

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid series thread   Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Nothing wrong with creating several threads, especially when these forums are still growing.

I love the MGS series, I'd still be playing MGOnline if it wasn't practically dead. Also the MGS: HD collection for PS3 is being released in November, so I'll definitely be getting that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypah
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid series thread   Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Azzy wrote:
Nothing wrong with creating several threads, especially when these forums are still growing.

I love the MGS series, I'd still be playing MGOnline if it wasn't practically dead. Also the MGS: HD collection for PS3 is being released in November, so I'll definitely be getting that.

Yeah, I will think of get HD Collection, even though if I get it I will have 3 Snake eaters, but I will play it because of Peace Walker and Sons of liberty.

The new metal gears have been getting out of the sneaking formula, Metal Gear Solid 4 was more foccused on shooting people rather than sneaking, even though you needed to sneak sometimes and Metal Gear Rising will be more of an action adventure about slicing people to death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Legendary Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid series thread   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:47 pm

I plan to get the HD collection. I got shafted when I tried to purchase the Subsistence version of Metal Gear Solid 3 used, and I just can't put up with that game's obnoxious difficulty without the benefit of full-camera control. Metal Gear Solid 2 is my favorite in the series as far as gameplay goes, so of course I'll take this opportunity to own it for a console that I take to college with me. As for Peace Walker... thank you, Sony. Just... thank you. My PSP broke long ago, and I never got to partake in what is surely Big Boss' greatest game yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Furianu
"The two-tailed fox"

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid series thread   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:04 am

Well, I played all parts of Metal Gear Solid except "Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater". Usually I don't like shooter games, however I really like this one because it's not mainly about shooting, it's more about sneaking and stealth. The game has an awesome dark atmosphere and a great (sometimes sad) story :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Protagoras

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid series thread   Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:27 pm

When I first heard of the Metal Gear Solid series, it struck me as inquisitive, that was, of course, back in 2007. Since then, I have invested many hours of my life into the pulchritudinous series. With it's charming narrative and consistency, with advancement and innovation with each installment, it has to be one of the best series of our time. Though, there are some historical inadequacies, now, I don't expect accuracy from a series that consists of walking tanks that launch nuclear missiles, but in Peace Walker, Big Boss and Kaz' delusional obsessiveness over Che Guevara has always been considerably questionable and rather silly to me. Che was a petty anti-imperialist who would admitted to ordering several thousand executions during his first year of the Castro regime. To reference Che again, he once stated "I don't need proof to execute a man, I only need proof that it's necessary to execute him!"

So considering the fact that Che's ideology and characteristics are fairly decipherable from Big Boss', you have to wonder if it's Big Boss and Kaz who idolized him, or Hideo Kojima. If the latter is the case, little does Mr. Kojima realize that he would be executed for supporting the imperialist way if were were to live under Che's stalinist vision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid series thread   

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid series thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1