Emerald Gaming Forums

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Day of the Wii

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ulyaoth

PostSubject: The Day of the Wii   Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Uly was born and raised a loyal nintendo boy. NES... SNES... N64... Gamecube. I had a game boy, game boy color, game boy advance. I also had an xbox and playstation 2.

That last part must be where I went wrong. Because nintendo stabbed me in the back. They stabbed so many of us loyal nintenboys RIGHT IN THE BACK!!

The Wii...

Look at our new console, they said. You're gonna wave this stick around to play games. Motion control! Now you too can stand in your living room waving this wand around like a retard. You won't be playing any video games where anyone can see you from now on, that's for sure.

Oh, and look... we put like 2 buttons on it. Today's controllers are much too complex for anyone under 12 or over 50... WHO WE'RE PANDERING TO, NOW! EVERY GAME WE MAKE WILL BE MADE WITH CHILDREN AND THEIR GRANDPARENTS IN MIND!!

It was then that I knew how those kids feel, when the pedophile they thought they loved tell them "you're too old now". Nintendo shooed me out the door. "We don't want your kind anymore."

How do you feel about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaming Misfit
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Wii   Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:47 pm

It's an okay console I guess.

Main issue with it is that as you said, most games are for the "easy-going, casual, simplistic" gamers. Usually, kids, grandparents, family fun stuff.

But as for the remote you can always use the "classic controller" and for when you can't it's usually not that horrible.

Plus the games on the Wii VC are alot cheaper than on PSN and XBLA usually. Even if it is mostly just Nintendo games, it's a pretty solid deal.

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Wii   Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:48 pm

The Wii's an alright console, but it's nothing special. I like some of the games that are on it, though. Compared to the likes of the Gamecube, SNES, and N64, the Wii's the weakest console from Nintendo due to the game library being nothing but casual titles. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cola
Insane Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Wii   Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 pm

The reason it's got so many casual games is because of the flood of shovelware, with developers trying to cash in on the motion control craze.

It's unfortunate, really. Nintendo, as well as many other companies offer great hardcore games and whatnot.

Of course, Nintendo's ship is sinking in a sea of shovelware.

kickin' it on the world wide web
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Day of the Wii   

Back to top Go down

The Day of the Wii
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Emerald Gaming Forums :: Nintendo Gaming Archive-
Jump to: