Emerald Gaming Forums

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cola
Insane Admin

PostSubject: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)   Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 pm

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System, also known as Super Nintendo, Super NES or SNES, is a 16-bit video game console released by Nintendo in North America, Brazil, Europe, and Australia. In Japan, it is known as the Super Famicom. The Super Nintendo Entertainment System as the second video game home console released by Nintendo. The successor to the Nintendo Entertainment System, the SNES featured enhanced graphics, a brand new controller, better sound and more features. While not as successful as the NES before it, the SNES still proved to be the leader of the video game industry during the 16-bit generation, surpassing the competition from Sega's Genesis (Mega Drive in Europe), and Hudson's TurboGrafx-16. Nintendo's claim as the most successful manufacturer during this generation can be attributed in part to the fact that Sega left the 16-bit market early in favor of the 32-bit market.

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System was host to numerous classic video games, including titles such as Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter II, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Star Fox and Super Mario Kart. These titles sold millions of copies and would help cement the SNES as the leader of the fourth generation. Third parties such as Square, Enix and Capcom would assist in the huge success of the console.

Many of you may have had experiences with the SNES. Share them! What's your favorite game, your favorite part about the system? Share your thoughts here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Legendary Emerald

PostSubject: Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:09 pm

The Super Nintendo is probably my all-time favorite console. It simply has the largest list of what I'd consider to be Triple-A games.

Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Starfox
Kirby's Super Star
Megaman X
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country 1-3

The list goes on and on, and I'm really having to hold myself back from listing them all. Generally, I always keep the system plugged in back at home, for quick sessions of Star Fox or another run through DKC2. I'm afraid to take it to college with me though, as the power cable isn't what it used to be, and I haven't gotten around to shopping for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Furianu
"The two-tailed fox"

PostSubject: Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:55 am

Well, I consider this as my REAL first console... I played some NES too, but wasn't mine, it belonged to my brother...

However the SNES was the first console I've ever owned myself... Up to day, I still got my SNES and more than 50+ games for SNES... Some of my favourites were:

Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3
Mystic Quest Legends
The Magical Quest - Staring Mickey Mouse

etc...

I really enjoyed playing SNES^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hypah
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)   Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:00 pm

I had this console, it was one of my favourites I used to play it many, many times and me and my brother used to play at night when my mom was asleep, It's a shame nobody mentioned Super Castlevania IV in this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaming Misfit
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:09 pm

After being accused of SEGA fanboy-ism (And TBH they were right) I decided to play my SNES again some. I think I'll do a review for Kirby Super Star later. And perhaps Doom. Anyway. I think the SNES is now rivaling the love for my Genny....I'm serious...

PostSubject: Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)   Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:56 pm

The super nintendo was the first console I ever really got into. I had played a nintendo but never owned one. But the super nintendo... that I did and played it for hours and hours.

Super Metroid, Mortal Kombat 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Mega Man X... so many games I spent so much time playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arle985

PostSubject: Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)   Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:01 pm

The SNES is up there with the PS1 for being my favorite console of all time. It had alot of great games for it.

Here's a list of my favorite SNES games:

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Kirby Super Star
Tetris Attack
Super Mario World
Bust-a-Move
Yoshi's Cookie
Super Mario All-Stars
Kirby's Avalanche
Super Mario Kart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)   

Back to top Go down

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1