Emerald Gaming Forums

Articles, News, Reviews and more. All at the EG Forums!

HomeNewsCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hypah's movie corner: Rise of the Planet of the Apes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hypah
Banned

PostSubject: Hypah's movie corner: Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello and welcome to the first edition of Hypah's corner, before I do the inFamous 1 review I promised, I want to do this, the long awaited movie from the Planet of the Apes franchise.

When I first heard of the film, I didn't had hopes on it, I mean, Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes was terrible and when I heard that it was going to be made by the same studio who did Avatar, I was thinking it was going to be a cash-in.
But, guess I was wrong, this film actually is...Very nice.

The story basically tells about Will Rodman( James Franco( for those who don't know he is New Goblin in Spider-man 3)) how decides to do a cure for alzheimer, this cure is tested on a chimp, as she later becomes aggressive and eventually gets killed...BUT!
She was pregnant and fearing that his company would do the same for him as they did to his mother, Will and his father( who suffers Alzheimer) decides to take care of him, naming the chimp, Caesar.

However, as Caeser grows, he becomes more intelligent and human, after having an incident with Rodman's neighbour, he is send to a facility where it all seems nice and cute, until, he is trapped in a cage, full of apes in the facility, where the humans treats apes like s***, and guess who is the main antagonist, if you said Draco Malfoy, you're right, man, does Tom Felton always have to do the antagonist role?
So, kids remember if you're a wizard and earth is being invaded by apes, go to hogwarts and kick Draco in the balls.
With the treatment humans gives to apes, this causes an ape revolution.

Now, doesn't this plot sound like the one from Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, only with science all over it?
The story is strong and actually pleases the audience, the only problem is that sometimes, scenes can get repetitive, most of them being Caeser's.

Visuals...They're really, really good! I mean, must people say it's perfect and it feels like it's a real ape, not for me thought, I never felt it looked VERY realistic, you can still see it's CGI, I mean sometimes he is too bright for the background, visuals effects, now this is nice, because when there is a scene where the helicopter is crashing, I felt that it looked real, when it was smashed to bits by a gorilla.

Now acting is brilliant, James Franco does a good job, Freida Pinto does a good job and Andy Serkis, must known for Gollum and King Kong, kinda stole the scene, heck, the ape stole the scene, with his communications with others, his expression and his thoughts.

Overall, Planet of the Apes is a good film, it welcomes back the franchise to the new generation kinda like Batman Begins and the upcoming Spider-man film is doing.

Rating:
B+

Last edited by hypahalexkidd on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaming Misfit
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hypah's movie corner: Rise of the Planet of the Apes   Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Hmmm...nice review, Hypah. However, this section falls into the category of games, so I'm going to move this to random discussion. Okie dokie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emerald-gaming.4umotion.com

Hypah's movie corner: Rise of the Planet of the Apes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1